Average GPA in Hard Undergrade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptracks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I'm in Biomedical Engineering at a Canadian University and I'm hoping to apply to dental schools in the States (most likely private one i.e. BU, NYU, Tufts...). I did pretty good first year, had like a 3.63 GPA but second year the engineering courses really brought me down. I'm sitting at a 3.17 right now, but i was just wondering whether anyone here knew if some dental schools look at the undergraduate degree when looking at your GPA. Im most likely gonna end up with a 3.3/3.4 GPA with DAT scores averaging around 21/22, just wondering whether I have a solid chance of getting into one of the private schools. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Im going to be attending one of the schools you mentioned. My interviewer talked about this, said that they do weigh heavily where you went to undergrad/ what classes you took. They said a lot of schools inflate their GPA by accepting people from easy ****ty undergrads and they don't like that.

Reactions: 1 users
Ultimately, there is the BCP GPA (which is supposed to be heavily emphasized) that tends to be restricted to the more relevant science courses, as opposed to a lot of the math-related stuff that's a part of your GPA right now.

Reactions: 1 user