Average GPA's and MCAT scores for post bacs?

ExistentialistPhilosopher

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2002
    It really depends on the type of postbac program you're looking for. I notice that a lot of people posting don't specify whether they're looking for 1) a program for career changers and those with little or no science background or 2) a program for premeds who want to improve their low GPA or strengthen their credentials by taking higher-level science courses or getting a Master's. The GPA and test score requirements are different.

If you're looking for #1, average GPA and SAT scores for the highly regarded programs are 3.5-3.6 and 1350. I got into Bryn Mawr and Goucher's programs with a 3.7 and a 1460. However, for other postbac programs, the requirements are lower. For example, from what I've heard, you only need a 3.0 to get into Columbia's and Harvard Extension's programs.

I'm not so sure about #2, but others can help you out there.

***EDIT - Ooops, I just realized that your original question specified MCATs, so I assume you're looking for #2 types of programs. Sorry about that!***

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.