Average GRE Scores? Phyiscal Therapy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TM27128

Reaction score
Hi,

I scored a 152Q and a 146V on the GRE? Will I be looked at? Most schools that I am applying for I reached the Quantitative Section I am just off on the Verbal. Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I scored a 152Q and a 146V on the GRE? Will I be looked at? Most schools that I am applying for I reached the Quantitative Section I am just off on the Verbal. Advice?
Most here will tell you that as a minimum you need above 150 on both to be competitive. This is minimum. My first round, cold, I scored 148V/154Q/2.5. Four months later, after studying, I brought them up to 150/154/4.0. This at least allows me in the running for consideration for some schools.

Most here will tell you that as a minimum you need above 150 on both to be competitive. This is minimum. My first round, cold, I scored 148V/154Q/2.5. Four months later, after studying, I brought them up to 150/154/4.0. This at least allows me in the running for consideration for some schools.
Okay, also the time frame between retaking the test and deadlines are close. Should I take more time to study or once the 21 days are up retake the test?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I would focus on the verbal since most PT schools will weigh that a bit higher from what I have heard on the forums. As long as you meet the minimum requirements you will be looked at...will you be competitive to be admitted is another question. You can see the average accepted GRE scores of the schools you wish to apply to on PTCAS.

I got accepted into all the schools I applied to and I have a 156Q and 152V, I feel like you just need to get that verbal up to meet the requirements for most schools!

Retake it don't play yourself, most people do better their 2nd time around. While you have time be the best candidate you can be.

Reactions: 1 user