Average hours for hired Techs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islandboy401

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When Pharmacy Technicians first get hired, how many hours per week do they work on average? How about in NJ?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no simple answer to this. It depends on if you're hired part- or full-time and what kind of pharmacy you work for.

Personally, I was able to keep it to less than 20 hours a week since I'm in school full-time.

I don't think geographic location has any bearing on your schedule.

In south jersey techs start with $8.00. Moved up to 10.50 as a P1. I was working 30-34hrs/week since I was also taking classes. Like the poster above said, it depends on how often you want to work and whether you applied for full time or part time.

Did you find a job yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
In south jersey techs start with $8.00. Moved up to 10.50 as a P1. I was working 30-34hrs/week since I was also taking classes. Like the poster above said, it depends on how often you want to work and whether you applied for full time or part time.

Did you find a job yet?

When Pharmacy Technicians first get hired, how many hours per week do they work on average? How about in NJ?
I think that this depends on the pharmacies needs...

I'm going to work 20 hrs or less...I'm going to be FT student in the fall

I'm a tech in central NJ. And everyone is right it depends on who you work for and how many hrs you want. I worked about 16 hrs a week (when going to school full time) because I only wanted to work on saturdays and sundays, but some of the other techs I work with that are full time students would rather work weekdays at night so they work roughly 25 hrs or so. However, during breaks (summer and winter) I go back to being full time and get to work 30-40 hours.