Average/Median grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

detvar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

can medical schools see the median or average grades for the classes you have taken? i don't believe they can, but i just want to double check.

thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

huh? like class averages?? like BI101 had a 75.3/100 average?

heeeell no. and why would they care?

detvar said:
hi,

can medical schools see the median or average grades for the classes you have taken? i don't believe they can, but i just want to double check.

thank you very much
If your transcript indicates this, then yes. Otherwise, no. Maybe some Princetonian could pipe up, because I think that Princeton might do this.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, at my school, the transcripts do include median grades (B, B+, etc) along with the actual grade the student received for a particular class.

i've seen amcas grade reports, and i don't think they include median grades, just the grades you received.

i ask this because not all schools do report medians/averages. so i would think that when amcas reports your grades to med schools, only the grades earned would be reported.

please correct me if i'm wrong. thank you.

detvar said:
well, at my school, the transcripts do include median grades (B, B+, etc) along with the actual grade the student received for a particular class.

i've seen amcas grade reports, and i don't think they include median grades, just the grades you received.

i ask this because not all schools do report medians/averages. so i would think that when amcas reports your grades to med schools, only the grades earned would be reported.

On the AMCAS application you can only see the grades that actually got in each class - those are the only grades you'll see after your application is verified...

detvar said:

wow I have never heard of that. That could be good and bad.