average number of questions per passage on the real test?

Started by deleted380953
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted380953

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry to bombard the forum with new threads, but can anyone tell me about how many questions were there per passage on real tests? Were they about the same amounts across all sections? No, I haven't taken any AAMCs yet

I find it quite difficult to shoot for 6 min (via Sn2ed's sched.) flat per passage when I get 8-9 questions in a row....
 
I believe the most on a passage will be 7 questions. Because of discretes and so forth, the numbers aren't always nice - some will have 5, 6, a couple might have 7. I don't think any ever have 8.

And SN2ed's schedule is preparing you for the worst - long, difficult to understand passages on the real MCAT. If you can do a regular passage in 6 minutes, you won't go tremendously overboard on more difficult passages on the real MCAT.

His 6 minutes is not forced upon you, it's simply a goal. It's natural that if you're doing practice and get like an 8 question passage you'll take longer than 6.
 
average is 6 questions per passage, u might get 1-2 that have 5, and 1-2 that have 7 but most have 6.

though on my test on one of the sections, one passage did have 8 questions. as u can see in AAMC 11 in the BS section, there was a passage with 8 questions. so yea its possible, but prob only one if at all
 
good to know, thanks for the input guys


I believe the most on a passage will be 7 questions. Because of discretes and so forth, the numbers aren't always nice - some will have 5, 6, a couple might have 7. I don't think any ever have 8.

And SN2ed's schedule is preparing you for the worst - long, difficult to understand passages on the real MCAT. If you can do a regular passage in 6 minutes, you won't go tremendously overboard on more difficult passages on the real MCAT.

His 6 minutes is not forced upon you, it's simply a goal. It's natural that if you're doing practice and get like an 8 question passage you'll take longer than 6.


I hope your right about that