Other OT-Related Information Average O.T. Cost for School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT2018YUP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much are you paying/will be paying tuition for school? I feel like 60-70 k for a full program tuition is the average?

Do you think it is worth it to pay that much plus room and board for a job that will make 75-80 k a year? I think it is just wondering everyone's input.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How much are you paying/will be paying tuition for school? I feel like 60-70 k for a full program tuition is the average?

Do you think it is worth it to pay that much plus room and board for a job that will make 75-80 k a year? I think it is just wondering everyone's input.
In-state public schools seem to be the cheapest. I just got accepted into one and the cost is 36k. Personally, I think it is worth it if that is the only option you have. The advice I have been given by OTs is to pick the most convenient and cheapest program. Hope this helps!

In-state public schools seem to be the cheapest. I just got accepted into one and the cost is 36k. Personally, I think it is worth it if that is the only option you have. The advice I have been given by OTs is to pick the most convenient and cheapest program. Hope this helps!
If the cheapest option is not accredited yet, do you still think that’s the best route? I hear once a school is in candidacy it’s super rare to not become accredited.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If the cheapest option is not accredited yet, do you still think that’s the best route? I hear once a school is in candidacy it’s super rare to not become accredited.
I think you should be okay, especially if the university itself it reputable enough. They don't want that stain on them.

Id say you are right. Most I've seen are 60k-70k. Which is nice considering most undergrads are comparable when every cost is added in!