Average Passing Comlex Percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scorcher31

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow I haven't been here in quite some time :p I have a quick question for you guys and any indication you can give would be fantastic. I know the COMLEX-1 works on a bell curve depending on the average of what students get on the same exam you had (something close to that). I know the average is 500 and passing is 400. In general about how many percent right would that be on the comlex to say pass. If i could get say 70% of the questions right on the actual comlex would that be closer to the average of what students do (500) or would that even be passing. Just wanted some idea, I don't want to get the practice exam yet because the sample exam dosen't seem to work on this computer and I'm not sure of the practice comlex one will. I'll worry about it later I guess. Thanks I really appreciate your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

the exam is NOT curved, you need to correctly answer a certain number of questions to pass....no one really knows how many questions you need to answer correctly to pass, but the rumor is around 50%. The sore report that you get correlates to your performance, but does NOT indicate the actual number of questions that you answered correctly.

Thanks I really appreciate it someone else private messaged me something very similar to what you said so I'm going to go with the 50-55% mark. At least it will make me feel better, I first thought it had to be 70%, which I wasn't sure I could do, all be it i still need to learn pharm, biochem, anatomy/neuro. This makes me feel so much better, at least now I won't be as nervous when I go in for the exam about failing.