Average pay per month as a pharmacy tech?

Started by mana20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mana20

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering what you guys make on average, would like to know if you are full time, part time, how long you have been a tech, and which state you live in, thanks.
 
I was a pool technician in Florida for a hospital. I was paid 9.50 starting + weekend/evening differential (15%) Holiday differential was 50%. So normally I made around 10.93 an hour. I am starting at a new hospital in Gainesville Fl - and I will make 9.43 an hour + 15% diff - so a little pay cut. I have been a pool tech for 8 months, and now I will be part time w/ 20 hrs a week.

~above~
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work 24 hrs/week at $11.75 /hr for Kroger in AZ. Uncertified tech's make $9.75. I think walgreens techs make a dollar more.
 
in the six year pharmD program, in what year can u start working as a tech?
 
ghost8 said:
in the six year pharmD program, in what year can u start working as a tech?

You work as an intern. Getting pay $15 instead of $min. or 10.50 in
But employer put you in couseling with customer regardless of your school year. That really freak out intern students.
 
Damn I'm an Eckerds tech I and I only make 7.25 an hour. Maybe i should get state certification.
 
hmmmm... i remember working at a CVS pharmacy in the bay area and i got $10 for just being a pharmacy clerk. I guess that make sense since cost of living here is up the wall. At the same time, they worked me like an immigrant slave.
 
Around here, uncertified techs @ drug stores make less than $10/hr, and certified @ drug stores ones range from $10/hr-14/hr, depending on experience. I'm not sure about the hospital range, although I did see some employment ads for two area hospitals offering certified techs with at least 1 yr. experience $16.50/hr. Too bad I still need about 10 mo. more experience to apply for that position! LOL! 😛
 
In an hospital around my neighborhood they offer $17/hr...the basic requirement is that you need to have at least 6 months experience and certified___that's why I started to volunteer in that hospital in this summer so I may stand a good chance when applying for this position^^
 
Im in a program to become a pharmacy tech and it will prepare me for the state Cert before I start my prereqs, that way I can support my self through school.
 
one of my best buddies gets $1000 after taxes every two weeks. He's working the Walgreens nightshift down here in Texas
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad