Average pay per month as a pharmacy tech?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mana20

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you guys make on average, would like to know if you are full time, part time, how long you have been a tech, and which state you live in, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was a pool technician in Florida for a hospital. I was paid 9.50 starting + weekend/evening differential (15%) Holiday differential was 50%. So normally I made around 10.93 an hour. I am starting at a new hospital in Gainesville Fl - and I will make 9.43 an hour + 15% diff - so a little pay cut. I have been a pool tech for 8 months, and now I will be part time w/ 20 hrs a week.

~above~

I work 18hrs/week at $10.78/hr. Cost of living here (AR) is fairly low.

Members don't see this ad :)
I work 24 hrs/week at $11.75 /hr for Kroger in AZ. Uncertified tech's make $9.75. I think walgreens techs make a dollar more.

16/hour.. but I do more than a "tech". In Los angeles

how long is the pharmacy tech training? is this an easy job

in the six year pharmD program, in what year can u start working as a tech?

ghost8 said:
in the six year pharmD program, in what year can u start working as a tech?

You work as an intern. Getting pay $15 instead of $min. or 10.50 in
But employer put you in couseling with customer regardless of your school year. That really freak out intern students.

Damn I'm an Eckerds tech I and I only make 7.25 an hour. Maybe i should get state certification.

hmmmm... i remember working at a CVS pharmacy in the bay area and i got $10 for just being a pharmacy clerk. I guess that make sense since cost of living here is up the wall. At the same time, they worked me like an immigrant slave.

Around here, uncertified techs @ drug stores make less than $10/hr, and certified @ drug stores ones range from $10/hr-14/hr, depending on experience. I'm not sure about the hospital range, although I did see some employment ads for two area hospitals offering certified techs with at least 1 yr. experience $16.50/hr. Too bad I still need about 10 mo. more experience to apply for that position! LOL! :p

In an hospital around my neighborhood they offer $17/hr...the basic requirement is that you need to have at least 6 months experience and certified___that's why I started to volunteer in that hospital in this summer so I may stand a good chance when applying for this position^^

Im in a program to become a pharmacy tech and it will prepare me for the state Cert before I start my prereqs, that way I can support my self through school.

one of my best buddies gets $1000 after taxes every two weeks. He's working the Walgreens nightshift down here in Texas