1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Average Week?

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by longstech, Mar 14, 2007.

1. longstech

longstech Member
    5+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    To all those who are currently in pod school can you please give me an idea what your average week is like? (class schedule?) How much do you study per day? How often do you have exams?

Thanks!

2. KHep

KHep Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Not there yet, but if you go to Scholl's website, there are links to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year schedules. The people there that gave the student tours said that mon thru fri they study about 6 to 7 hours on avg and then half the day on saturday. Tests at Scholl are staggered. I have no idea about the other schools, but hope that helps a little! Oh, and from what I gathered from the schedule, class and lab take up about 25-30 hours per week.

3. PureBlue

PureBlue Guest

Pre-Podiatry
    Is that 6-7 hours a day? I am guessing that is not a week, cause I study more than that now :laugh:

4. OSUDDS

OSUDDS Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    who only studies 6-7 hours a week? maybe in grade school.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KHep

KHep Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Right. 6-7 on each week day and then another 4 or 5 on Saturday. So, about 35-40 hours per week on top of time spent in lab or lecture...or clinic. I'm sure there are people who study more and people who study less. This is just the amount of time that I was told by two specific students.:D

6. KHep

KHep Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    Seriously! My 3rd grader put in 3 hours of study last week for a geology test! Nevermind the fact that she is totally type A. If she misses a single question, she acts like it is the end of mankind.