AVG OAT HIGH GPA????

Started by sonia11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sonia11

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Took the OAT today and got

QR:250
RC:280
GC:330
BIO:320
OC:370
PHYS:300
TS:330
AA:310

My GPA is 3.702 or maybe a little higher because I took 8 credits of college courses in high school which are not counted in the 4 year college GPA. I have evaluations from an optometrist, 2 professors, and an advisor. I have research experience (200 hours), volunteer (45 hours), shadowing (20+ still shadowing). I also did SHPEP. My app is almost done I will submit by 8/25. But after looking at my scores I am a little confused. I prepared for physics the most because I have not taken physics 2 yet. I really want to go to Houston optometry school. I really like the school although I don't live in Texas. Should I apply there or retake???
 
Last edited:
Took the OAT today and got

QR:250
RC:280
GC:330
BIO:320
OC:370
PHYS:300
TS:330
AA:310

My GPA is 3.702 or maybe a little higher because I took 8 credits of college courses in high school which are not counted in the 4 year college GPA. I have evaluations from an optometrist, 2 professors, and an advisor. I have research experience (200 hours), volunteer (45 hours), shadowing (20+ still shadowing). I also did SHPEP. My app is almost done I will submit by 8/25. But after looking at my scores I am a little confused. I prepared for physics the most because I have not taken physics 2 yet. I really want to go to Houston optometry school. I really like the school although I don't live in Texas. Should I apply there or retake???

I think you should still try, your overall scores is still over 300. Be prepared to answer why you have scored lower in the other sections to interviewers at the school. With an honest response and willingness to retake, I think the worst thing they could happen is that they will give you a conditional offer with you retaking it