avg. salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HEME-ONC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who are Anesthesiologist usually employed by and what would an avg doc make in NY?

Members don't see this ad.

HEME-ONC said:
Who are Anesthesiologist usually employed by and what would an avg doc make in NY?

The salary averages grads from Sinai were offered last year were around $300K for jobs near the city. Academic jobs in NYC are abundant, but pay somewhat less (not sure how much). One anesthesiologist at Sinai said salaries around NYC are very good once you make partner with a practice ($600K+). Average time to partnership close to the city is 3-4 years. If you're willing to live out in the sticks, you can find places that will offer full partnership after only a year.

Wow, are you sure? those starting salaries seemed a little high. i thought it would be more in the range of 200K.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't forget cost of living :smuggrin:

Test Boy said:
Wow, are you sure? those starting salaries seemed a little high. i thought it would be more in the range of 200K.

There may not be a full-time anesthesiologist in America that makes right at or below 200k

What about the future? Is medicare or private insurance gonna cut compensation?

regardless of cuts, you will always have enough money for a house, car, food and maybe even some extra for vacations. :D I wouldn't worry about it.

"There may not be a full-time anesthesiologist in American that makes right at or below 200k"

Sorry, several new grads in our area are just at or slightly over 200K

racer: your grads probably are taking only part-time jobs, cause around here it is almost unheard of somebody taking a contract for less than 300k w/ partner in 2 years (avg=400-450)