AVMA life insurance for students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cosentik

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I got a letter in the mail from the AVMA stating that as a student I get free life insurance. Has anyone else gotten this? I'm trying to figure out if it's legit.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I got a letter in the mail from the AVMA stating that as a student I get free life insurance. Has anyone else gotten this? I'm trying to figure out if it's legit.
Are you talking about PLIT? That's liability insurance, not life. Liability covers you if you make a professional mistake as a student. It has nothing do do with life insurance, which pays out to the beneficiary after you die. The AVMA offers PLIT free to all students. Be sure to sign up. It also may have an agreement with a specific underwiter re: discounted whole/term life, but I'm not aware of it. Anyone??

Are you talking about PLIT? That's liability insurance, not life. Liability covers you if you make a professional mistake as a student. It has nothing do do with life insurance, which pays out to the beneficiary after you die. The AVMA offers PLIT free to all students. Be sure to sign up. It also may have an agreement with a specific underwiter re: discounted whole/term life, but I'm not aware of it. Anyone??

No, I got the same mail about life insurance... Its a new thing they are doing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it's actually life insurance. It asks me to name a beneficiary and everything. I just hesitate to give my social security number to anything I didn't apply for.

hmm interesting, they used to charge a small fee for student PLIT