Avoiding using family with Work/Activities section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yhorm the Giant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated High school in 2007 and just graduated college 10 years later, just last month. Bad grades at first, huge upward trend, but I really spent a lot of time focusing on grade repair when I should have probably spent more time doing other activities. Oh well, I'm here now with less to show for it than I should.
So I wouldn't include it if I didn't feel like I was already coming up short, but one bit of volunteering I have was helping out with a children summer reading program, probably only around 25-30 hours, but it was great and kids loved it. Thing is my mother was the head librarian and she was in charge of the whole thing. I would drive an hour to go help out a few times and spent a lot of time researching things for her that she needed help with, and even got to dress up as batman once, which was fun. Anyways, avoid putting it on? Or keep it?

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated High school in 2007 and just graduated college 10 years later, just last month. Bad grades at first, huge upward trend, but I really spent a lot of time focusing on grade repair when I should have probably spent more time doing other activities. Oh well, I'm here now with less to show for it than I should.
So I wouldn't include it if I didn't feel like I was already coming up short, but one bit of volunteering I have was helping out with a children summer reading program, probably only around 25-30 hours, but it was great and kids loved it. Thing is my mother was the head librarian and she was in charge of the whole thing. I would drive an hour to go help out a few times and spent a lot of time researching things for her that she needed help with, and even got to dress up as batman once, which was fun. Anyways, avoid putting it on? Or keep it?
Yes, you can keep it, but isn't there another librarian or librarian employee who was aware of the activity that you could use as a contact? Even if not, you can still keep it.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, you can keep it, but isn't there another librarian or librarian employee who was aware of the activity that you could use as a contact? Even if not, you can still keep it.
That's a great idea, I have no idea why I didn't consider that, I'll definitely be doing that!

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user