Awards

Started by DKlein
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DKlein

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,


The Honors and Awards category is one which I fear I am really deficient. I have a few minor ones, but I'm wondering where you people go about finding good award opportunities? For those of you who have had success in applying to top tier md/phd programs, do you think that your awards were important to this effect? What awards did you have?


-DK
 
I'd say best opportunities are in research scholarships. Awards are given when you are nominated by profs. and such but you can actually apply to as many scholarships as you want. Having many honors and awards will be great, but its not critical anyway. I only wrote down 2 in my AMCAS application and had no problem getting interviews. Good luck!