away rotation, loma linda, cali - drug test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radsbro17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
calling every1 whos ever away rotationed/visiting students at loma linda university

title says alla it

got a loma linda awat rotation in winter

no talk about drugtesting on vsas website, not mentioned in emails from program

will i need to expect do one when i get there?

thanks alot fam

Members don't see this ad.

I am interested in the answer, but also I think you should just not do drugs during your clerkships.

Reactions: 1 user
maybe get it together for 3 days so that you pass the drug test
life isn't that hard

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Loma Linda has some kind of religious affiliation so if there's a reason you're asking this question then the answer is probably yes.

lol
thx for the replies guys
but
none of you have rotated through...so you dont really know huh?

i dont need ny moral guide or reminding bout how ez it is to not do drugs - like no **** dont do drugs on clerkships lol
im just tryin to figure if im gonna get suprised in a few months.

Here are my thoughts. Really appreciated their approach to whole person care, and I think they generally breed a group of physicians who have a decent perspective and tactful personality.

That said, you need to understand they take a hard stance on drugs/alcohol. They are a religiously affiliated institution and it permeates a great deal of the environment there. While they won't kick you out, they have required physicians and medical students to undergo mandatory rehab, etc. As for the specifics of drug testing, I can't for the life of me remember taking a drug test. But I do know students who got in hot water. I did two away rotations and both required me to take a urine drug test, so I would not be surprised if LLU does it for visiting students.

But I'm going to be straight up with you man, if you are asking this question without considering cleaning up for the first several days of a brand new away rotation, you need to consider whether a place like Loma Linda is going to be a fit for you.

I did an away rotation at loma Linda and they didn't drug test me.

Edit: don't blame me tho if they pull a fast one on you and kick you out for smoking the devil's lettuce(which I assume you are referencing)

Last edited: