UCFpremed

Tooth Shucker
10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have the opportunity during med school to take electives and rotations at another institution and I was thinking of getting some additional OMFS experience while being in a different area, possibly oversees. I have the flexibility during med school to take dental electives such as oral path as well. Does anyone here have experience with away rotations in OMFS?

Feb 19, 2012
the shreve
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have the opportunity during med school to take electives and rotations at another institution and I was thinking of getting some additional OMFS experience while being in a different area, possibly oversees. I have the flexibility during med school to take dental electives such as oral path as well. Does anyone here have experience with away rotations in OMFS?
Your questions would probably be better suited in the MD section as most readers/posters here are dental school alum who don't do "aways"

CMistry

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Gaithersburg, MD
Status
Dentist
If you're interested in OMFS, it's much more valuable to do your electives/rotations at other US OMFS programs. International experience means very little... other than you had a good time.

OP
U

UCFpremed

Tooth Shucker
10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I guess I forgot to mention I'm currently in a 6yr OMFS residency program.

MrRongeurs

Dental Student
Feb 7, 2013
Status
Dental Student
I guess I forgot to mention I'm currently in a 6yr OMFS residency program.
A current NY resident is back at my midwest dental school doing an elective with the craniofacial team (plastics) at the large med center near my school since his program is not exceptionally strong in craniofacial. I would think any rotations in ENT or Craniofacial would be beneficial and still within the realm of OMFS.