Away rotations in 6-yr OMFS during med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCFpremed

Tooth Shucker
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity during med school to take electives and rotations at another institution and I was thinking of getting some additional OMFS experience while being in a different area, possibly oversees. I have the flexibility during med school to take dental electives such as oral path as well. Does anyone here have experience with away rotations in OMFS?

Members don't see this ad.

I have the opportunity during med school to take electives and rotations at another institution and I was thinking of getting some additional OMFS experience while being in a different area, possibly oversees. I have the flexibility during med school to take dental electives such as oral path as well. Does anyone here have experience with away rotations in OMFS?
Your questions would probably be better suited in the MD section as most readers/posters here are dental school alum who don't do "aways"

If you're interested in OMFS, it's much more valuable to do your electives/rotations at other US OMFS programs. International experience means very little... other than you had a good time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I forgot to mention I'm currently in a 6yr OMFS residency program.

I guess I forgot to mention I'm currently in a 6yr OMFS residency program.

A current NY resident is back at my midwest dental school doing an elective with the craniofacial team (plastics) at the large med center near my school since his program is not exceptionally strong in craniofacial. I would think any rotations in ENT or Craniofacial would be beneficial and still within the realm of OMFS.