Away rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lostin_space

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you all have any recommendations as to which programs/private groups would be good options for away rotations?

Members don't see this ad.

Pick a program with large number of fellowship spots

Work hard, impress them with your character and work ethics. Be Teachable, open to feedback and enthusiastic for anything offered. Work hard on your notes and take the patients no one wants to see in clinic. Don't worry about impressing anyone with procedural skills, no one expects it nor cares

Pick a program with large number of fellowship spots

Work hard, impress them with your character and work ethics. Be Teachable, open to feedback and enthusiastic for anything offered. Work hard on your notes and take the patients no one wants to see in clinic. Don't worry about impressing anyone with procedural skills, no one expects it nor cares

I was asking about specific recommendations. I have inquired at a number of places, it seems that no one gets back to me, or that it takes months and months to set anything up. I'm wondering whether I should look for a private practice type set up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was asking about specific recommendations. I have inquired at a number of places, it seems that no one gets back to me, or that it takes months and months to set anything up. I'm wondering whether I should look for a private practice type set up.

what are your goals for the rotation

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know how many away rotations we should be applying to, or should we just apply to the ones we want to go to, like two programs? I've heard opposite advice on this.