Awkward classmates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tangerine23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The good news: I got into my dream pharmacy school!
The bad news: I'll be stuck with several of my classmates from undergrad.

During undergrad, these classmates were always in their clique, which I'm pretty sure they'll continue during pharm school, and were mostly rude (always talked or left during presentations), cocky (didn't really help other students during class activities), and overall just plain rude. They are smart, I'll admit that, but appear very anti-social to me, at least outside from their clique. I was always the person who greeted them or initiated a conversation but grew sick and tired of it whenever they would immediately look away, gave me awkward grins, and ESPECIALLY when they never remembered my name.

I'm willing to be the better person and start a brand new, fresh program with them but there will definitely be an awkwardness around them and, honestly, I REALLY do not want to be around them or associated with any of their friends as they had left a bad impression on me during undergrad.

Should I reject my dream school to avoid any awkwardness/drama and accept my 2nd program, or continue with my dream school and continue ignoring these classmates until graduation?

Has anyone ever had this experience before or currently? What did you do or have done? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Go with whichever costs less.

Aw man, not only are you on Reddit but you're also here on SDN?
Anyways, cost isn't everything. The pharmacists that I work for have told me that all students will be in debt, no matter which pharmacy school they go to. Also, my dream school is only 20 minutes from where I live, so I'll definitely be saving a lot more cash while continuing my tech job (and hopefully intern) at my clinical hospital; my only issue is dealing with those immature undergrad classmates. For example, if I ever get paired up with any of them and they purpose fail me, I would really hate that. I may sound paranoid but I really want to do well in pharm school, not just academically but mentally as well.

Girl, do not let other students mess up YOUR dreams. Ignore them for the next few years. Save some money on rent. And get the most out of your pharmacy school experience. If your college has committees that you can join with faculty, do that, Join things and get involved in research and stuff that will have you spending more time with faculty and less time around peers. If that makes you happy. But definately do not let idiot classmates ruin your path you set out for yourself.