This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZTY123

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I got accepted and will be attending as part of the Class of 2027. I want to ask where I can join the community since I did not find a group on social media, and get some advice as I am a transfer student. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
 
But I just got accepted to pharmacy school, and I feel like working in pharmacy and having the ability to know all about medicine is awesome. Also interested in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But I just got accepted to pharmacy school, and I feel like working in pharmacy and having the ability to know all about medicine is awesome. Also interested in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
what do you want to do as a career?
1. have you ever worked in a pharmacy?
2. What do you think a pharmacist actually does most of the time?
3. What do you want to do with pharmaceutical sciences- because it literally is a completely different thing than being a pharmacist and requires a different degree.
 
what do you want to do as a career?
1. have you ever worked in a pharmacy?
2. What do you think a pharmacist actually does most of the time?
3. What do you want to do with pharmaceutical sciences- because it literally is a completely different thing than being a pharmacist and requires a different degree.
Dred;
Don't waste your time, anyone using "awesome" in their description of our profession, is a lost cause. There are still 10s of thousands of college students going into pharmacy every single year!

I had a discussion with the son of our longtime cleaning lady, a sharp young man now in Community College. She had brought him over, wanted me to talk to him and give him advice. He was very skeptical, as I was preaching to him about how bad things were as I was sitting in my $million home. He was saying, that maybe, me and the other old guys, didn't want the competition, for good jobs. I was saying that by the time he was, in any way, competition for me, I would be 100yrs old and long dead! Wished him luck, offered him any help I could.
We are wasting our breath. This is a super awesome profession.
 
But I just got accepted to pharmacy school, and I feel like working in pharmacy and having the ability to know all about medicine is awesome. Also interested in Pharmaceutical Sciences.

Maybe you should work in a retail pharmacy and get a clue of where you’re likely to end up after graduating. Unless you’re one of those people who thinks “I’m a super special snowflake who will get all the clinical jobs and make bank bro! I’m special!” Then sure, keep at it. Let us know how bad retail is in 4 years.

Look into a different career.
 
Dred;
Don't waste your time, anyone using "awesome" in their description of our profession, is a lost cause. There are still 10s of thousands of college students going into pharmacy every single year!

I had a discussion with the son of our longtime cleaning lady, a sharp young man now in Community College. She had brought him over, wanted me to talk to him and give him advice. He was very skeptical, as I was preaching to him about how bad things were as I was sitting in my $million home. He was saying, that maybe, me and the other old guys, didn't want the competition, for good jobs. I was saying that by the time he was, in any way, competition for me, I would be 100yrs old and long dead! Wished him luck, offered him any help I could.
We are wasting our breath. This is a super awesome profession.
so true- I often have these discussions with "I am lucky and enjoy my job, but I am the exception"
 
But I just got accepted to pharmacy school, and I feel like working in pharmacy and having the ability to know all about medicine is awesome. Also interested in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
any thoughts to what people here have said??