AZCOM/CCOM Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDO

MS III
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the chances the adcoms at CCOM and AZCOM compare my secondary essays and see that I wrote the same exact thing for both schoos (for the part about why it would provide a good osteopathic education)? I mean, they're both affiliated with midwestern university, and both have almost the same webpage (with the caveat of the mission statement)...

Members don't see this ad.

:D
Nate said:
If they ask the same question then why wouldn't the answer be the same?

thats so funny but so true!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
On a serious note -- if you wanted a serious answer -- I doubt it. Each school has an independent admissions comittee.

well...theoretically, cant they not know where else you've applied? so if they cant even know what schools you applied to, im sure they arents comparing essays...

Well, considering both schools have the same parent university, I didn't know if they went into a universal file somewhere.

I'll just write a new essay, just to be safe.

Ames980 said:
well...theoretically, cant they not know where else you've applied? so if they cant even know what schools you applied to, im sure they arents comparing essays...

What are you talking about? what does "can't they not know " mean? They can know what schools you applied to. many secondaries ask, can't remember if theirs did or not though.

medic170 said:
What are you talking about? what does "can't they not know " mean? They can know what schools you applied to. many secondaries ask, can't remember if theirs did or not though.

Theirs did not... but isn't the only way they can know what schools you applied to is if you tell them?

For example, NOVA asks what schools I've applied to. I felt obligated to tell them which ones I'm sending secondaries to (I stopped short of secondaries on lots of schools after finding out their in-state %). I don't think they'd know if I didn't tell them though.

OnMyWayThere said:
Theirs did not... but isn't the only way they can know what schools you applied to is if you tell them?

For example, NOVA asks what schools I've applied to. I felt obligated to tell them which ones I'm sending secondaries to (I stopped short of secondaries on lots of schools after finding out their in-state %). I don't think they'd know if I didn't tell them though.

Yeah, I think you are right. However, the poster I quoted said they "can't" know, so I was just correcting that. They can ask and they can know. :thumbup:

I wrote the same essay for both.

I wrote the same essay for both, was interviewed at both, was accepted to both and am now attending AZCOM. I never had a problem with it and neither school questioned it. They have the same Parent University, but they are not going to compare the two essays. I am willing to bet they have better things to do with their time than check and make sure you came up with two, creative and different answers for the same question. Don't worry about it!

irish79 said:
I wrote the same essay for both, was interviewed at both, was accepted to both and am now attending AZCOM. I never had a problem with it and neither school questioned it. They have the same Parent University, but they are not going to compare the two essays. I am willing to bet they have better things to do with their time than check and make sure you came up with two, creative and different answers for the same question. Don't worry about it!

Same here! THough I did put in one or two specific peices of information that I liked about each of the schools.

How did AZCOM and CCOM contact you to complete their secondaries?
via email? snail mail?
Thanks! :oops:

AZCOM contacted me via email, and then sent a hard copy. CCOM only sent snail mail.

snail mail from both

Yeah, I also wrote the same essay.. interviewed... accepted.... don't worry about it! :thumbup: