AZCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For discussion of the school noted above. This includes questions, etc. Threads will be merged in here if they are created on their own.

We are doing this to cut down on the traffic of threads so it makes it easier for people to find information about a school.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, everybody. I received the supplemental application from AZCOM a while ago, but I was busy filling out secondaries from other schools. When I tried to find the secondary for the AZCOM today, I discovered that I must have deleted their e-mail by mistake. Can anybody give me a link to their application? I know it is practically identical with CCOM's application, but I need the form itself.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much!!!!!!!

No Problem. Good luck! ...Sucks that the essay prompt is not similar enough to boilerplate off the CCOM essay...oh well, more writting

Question, I got an interview at AZCOM and my girlfriend wants to go with me to my interview, good idea or bad idea?

Definitely! I took my mistress when I interviewed in 96- it was one of the best times of my life; part of the reason I went to AZCOM

I'm gonna be there an extra day so where are some good places to go?

I would bring the gf to AZ but I wouldn't have her go on the tour and what not.

Ok, when I received mine (early this month), the prompt was:

2. Attach a response to the following question (500 words or fewer):
Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking, and why should AZCOM accept you into this year’s class?

This was identical to CCOM.

Now, it says:

Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

It's not a big deal but the forms look slightly different. Although mine is submitted, I downloaded the new one because someone in another thread said the prompt was different than CCOM, which I thought was the same when I wrote my response. The PDFs do look ever so slightly different. When I downloaded mine, it had only one page. Now it 3 pages, just like CCOM.

Am I the only one that experienced this?

Ok, when I received mine (early this month), the prompt was:

Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking, and why should AZCOM accept you into this year’s class?

This was identical to CCOM.

Now, it says:

Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

It's not a big deal but the forms look slightly different. Although mine is submitted, I downloaded the new one because someone in another thread said the prompt was different than CCOM, which I thought was the same when I wrote my response. The PDFs do look ever so slightly different. When I downloaded mine, it had only one page. Now it 3 pages, just like CCOM.

Am I the only one that experienced this?

i experienced it. but who cares? its no big deal

CCOM's was changed too but I didn't realize AZCOM's changed also and submitted the older one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I must say....

i really enjoyed my interview at azcom!

i hope i get in....
great school

How long did it take AZCOM to receive the MCAT score from AACOMAS? Mine was sent on Monday but still it hasn't shown up on the interact now page.

How long did it take AZCOM to receive the MCAT score from AACOMAS? Mine was sent on Monday but still it hasn't shown up on the interact now page.

Mine was also sent on Monday and not showing up on interact now either. CCOM got it on 9/25 though.

I just checked my interact now account, and CCOM received my mcat on 7/23 while AZCOM received it on 7/30...so I wouldn't worry too much about AZCOM, maybe they're just slower in processing it.

I just checked my interact now account, and CCOM received my mcat on 7/23 while AZCOM received it on 7/30...so I wouldn't worry too much about AZCOM, maybe they're just slower in processing it.

Thanks! I'll give them a few more days before I start to freak out. :laugh:

I interviewed on their first official interview day this season. I LOVED this school. I am anxiously awaiting their first set of acceptances. I sure hope my name will be among them!!!! I would be thrilled to go here. Anyone else interviewed here and now checking their mailbox anxiously???

I interviewed on their first official interview day this season. I LOVED this school. I am anxiously awaiting their first set of acceptances. I sure hope my name will be among them!!!! I would be thrilled to go here. Anyone else interviewed here and now checking their mailbox anxiously???

I thought the admissions person said the decisions were coming by snail mail.

so which one of us is the evil one?
(Can't be me, I am to sweet and caring :hardy:)

Well sometimes when I lose my temper and yell at my kids they probably think I'm evil. Of course I would love to believe that I'm sweet and caring too. :D

I thought the admissions person said the decisions were coming by snail mail.

They are. I don't think the post you quoted was saying anything otherwise. Although, I have heard from one person that interviewed on 9/24 that she received a phone call telling her she was in and to be expecting an acceptance letter.

By "Mailbox" I mean actual, real, physical mailbox nailed to my house. Every day when I check it, I am nervous.

I have heard from one person that interviewed on 9/24 that she received a phone call telling her she was in and to be expecting an acceptance letter.

Awwww...I want a phone call! I interviewed on 9/21 and nada. Maybe I'll call them next week... They did say we can call...

Awwww...I want a phone call! I interviewed on 9/21 and nada. Maybe I'll call them next week... They did say we can call...

They told you its ok to call? We were told that they prefer that you don't call unless there is some special circumstance where you really need to.

They are. I don't think the post you quoted was saying anything otherwise. Although, I have heard from one person that interviewed on 9/24 that she received a phone call telling her she was in and to be expecting an acceptance letter.

did you hear why she got the phone call and the rest of us have not??? I interviewed there on the 24th as well and am waiting to hear!

did you hear why she got the phone call and the rest of us have not??? I interviewed there on the 24th as well and am waiting to hear!

No, I'm not sure why they have only called some of those who have interviewed and not others. When I interviewed they said 2-4 weeks before we would get a letter in the mail though so you have plenty of time if you interviewed on the 24th. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

So I got put on hold. I got the letter on the 18th when I got back from my Nova interview. Any advice??

Nate.

No, I'm not sure why they have only called some of those who have interviewed and not others. When I interviewed they said 2-4 weeks before we would get a letter in the mail though so you have plenty of time if you interviewed on the 24th. I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

hmmm, well that is going to make me crazy knowing that people interviewed the same day as me were already accepted!

So I got put on hold. I got the letter on the 18th when I got back from my Nova interview. Any advice??

Nate.

You were put on hold pre or post-interview?

They said they don't want EVERYONE calling, but if you have a good reason. And I think I have one. My Touro-NV deposit is due exactly two weeks after I interviewed at AZCOM. SO....I will be calling AZCOM on that last day. Otherwise I'll have to put down that $2000 for Touro. But I REALLY want to go to AZCOM.

Congrats to everyone who has interviewed so far.
I finally got complete at AZCOM this week. I had been waiting for my physics prof to get it in.
Now I can start hoping for an interview. Anyone else in the same boat?

Hey all, good luck on the application/interview trail.

When I was accepted last year, interact now was changed to a matriculation agreement about 2 weeks after my interview. I also called a week after my interview and asked, they didn't seem to mind.

Most of the staff in student services and admissions are great. Be friendly to them, they will be friendly to you.

-Blake

When I was accepted last year, interact now was changed to a matriculation agreement about 2 weeks after my interview. I also called a week after my interview and asked, they didn't seem to mind.

Most of the staff in student services and admissions are great. Be friendly to them, they will be friendly to you.

-Blake

Thanks for the info Blake!

I couldn't help but notice that your post was at 430 in the AM...I'm guessing that is a heads up of long nights to come for us. :scared:

Like everyone else, I check my interact now about three times a day. About how long after you were complete were you notified of an interview? And how did they notify you?

-Blake
My Interact Now keeps saying my account is inactive and it won't let me sign in! It's freaking me out. :(

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and I was using the wrong password. It works fine.

My Interact Now keeps saying my account is inactive and it won't let me sign in! It's freaking me out. :(

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot and I was using the wrong password. It works fine.

:laugh:

You were put on hold pre or post-interview?

Pre...

"The admissions committee for the Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (AZCOM) has put your application for the Class of 2012 on hold pending possible future interview invitation"

Nate.

Pre...

"The admissions committee for the Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (AZCOM) has put your application for the Class of 2012 on hold pending possible future interview invitation"

Nate.

I wonder how they decide who to put on pre-interview hold. My MCAT is pretty low so I'm kind of wondering if I will suffer the same fate. I figure that at least if I get put on hold I still have a chance.

-Blake

thanks for the info! My interact now account says "applied". Is that what others post-interview says? Or did they not update mine for the interview? Seriously, is anyone else as anxious as me?

I wonder how they decide who to put on pre-interview hold. My MCAT is pretty low so I'm kind of wondering if I will suffer the same fate. I figure that at least if I get put on hold I still have a chance.

Mine is low too, but I have lots of meaningful EC's. I'm holding my breath...

I'm holding it as well. Was dead set on trying to get into a Chicago school (and CCOM or UIC would do me just fine). ...but I fell in love with AZCOM. :)

Mine is low too, but I have lots of meaningful EC's. I'm holding my breath...

I feel like I have good ec's but I still haven't figured out what is considered to be great or strong ec's. I haven't done any overseas volunteer work or anything but I've enjoyed the things I have done. I really like AZCOM too for a lot of reasons but especially because it seems to be one of the more family friendly schools. Hopefully this week I will be complete and can start worrying some more.

Thanks for the info Blake!

I couldn't help but notice that your post was at 430 in the AM...I'm guessing that is a heads up of long nights to come for us. :scared:

Like everyone else, I check my interact now about three times a day. About how long after you were complete were you notified of an interview? And how did they notify you?

Yep, I had just returned from a 16 hour study bender at the school. That is the exception though, not the norm. (I usually am done around 10:30 or 11PM). We had this huge anatomy/histo/embryology exam today that I had gotten behind on and was trying to catch up all week.

I was a late applicant (complete in December) and I was notified a week or two later.

For those who are wait listed, I know a lot of people who were pulled off the wait list (some as early as January, others as late as a week before classes started).

:)

Yep, I had just returned from a 16 hour study bender at the school. That is the exception though, not the norm. (I usually am done around 10:30 or 11PM). We had this huge anatomy/histo/embryology exam today that I had gotten behind on and was trying to catch up all week.

I was a late applicant (complete in December) and I was notified a week or two later.

For those who are wait listed, I know a lot of people who were pulled off the wait list (some as early as January, others as late as a week before classes started).

:)

BR...mind if I ask your stats (since you were accepted as a late applicant)?

Yay!! AZCOM finally got my MCAT score!! :clap: