SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AZCOM housing

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Wahine, Dec 8, 1999.

1. Wahine

Wahine New Member

Dec 6, 1999
    I've heard that off-campus housing at AZCOM is cheaper and fairly easy to find. Is this true, and how'd you go about finding places?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 2, 1999
    Downer's Grove, IL
    Hey hey,
    You can call a Phoenix area real-estate agent (get their number online) since most rental property lists with them or you could ask the housing dept. at MWU. They are knowledgable and helpful no matter where you want to live. They can at least tell you which complexes off campus are the most popular.
    RH

4. Nav

Nav Member 10+ Year Member

I don't see how you could live off campus there without a car. During the orientation, I asked how the bus service was and everyone laughed at me!
    I don't know, I thought $700 for a 2 bedroom on campus wasn't that bad. Let me know what you find out off campus, please.

5. Thalamus

Thalamus Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Az. usa
    Hi!
    I am an Arizona realtor and native. Nav is correct on the price range for a newer, clean apt.
    Our mass transit system here is essentially non-existant. You will need a car even if you live on campus.
    The West side of town (where the school is located) is less costly than the East side.
    Let me know if I can be of any help to you in your search! I am needing the same in Pennsylvania.

6. ponch

ponch New Member

Dec 21, 1999
    Hey,
    I'm a 4th yr from AZCOM. They didn't have housing my first yr, so I didn't have an option. The price they charged later was outrageous. I had a huge 1 bdrm about 5 min drive from campus and was paying around $450.
    Granted I had to drive, but if you want to do anything in Phoenix or Tempe (because there is not much in Glendale) you have to drive.

I would say bag the campus housing and get an apartment near campus. It'll be cheaper, more fun, and most importantly you will be able to get physical space between you and the campus... trust me you'll need it.

I am pretty sure the school keeps a listing of where all the students live and how much they are paying per month. I would try that route before you work with a apartment hunter (unless they don't charge a comission).

Anywho, that's my 2 cents worth.

- Ponch