AZCOM interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

muonwhiz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also got an invite to interview at AZCOM, so if anyone out there has already interviewed, is admitted or is a student please spill the beans about your experiences! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there! I am a 3rd yr student at AZCOM and I am going to be an interviewer in March. The key is just to be yourself. It is a panel interview and it was quite relaxed. The most challenging question I was asked had to do with medical ethics --providing quality patient care in the face of little or no reimbursement from insurance leading to possible loss of position. There is no correct answer. They only want to see your convictions and decision-making processes. Don't try to oversell yourself. The interviewers will have read your application but no grades. They will know what type of activities you have been involved in and are more interested in WHY you did them.

My experiences with the school have been great. The professors are excellent and are always willing to help. The housing is fairly inexpensive and close to the school. There are plenty of activities and clubs to become involved with, if you want. Good luck on your interview!!!

[This message has been edited by RCsquared (edited 02-15-2001).]

I interviewed there back in October, and had a great experience. There was a panel of two professors and a practicing DO. They were really nice and made it a point to tell me not to stress, considering I was LAST person to go in the interview group. The only really challenging question they asked was, "If you had control over where AIDS funding would go, would you give more to prevention efforts or research for a cure?" That kinda threw me for a loop, but I think I did ok...I did get accepted (going to COMP though).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info! I will be interviewing there on 3/19, so maybe I will see you if you are going to participate that day. I am curious- if the panel has your app, why does it not have your grades? Does it have your mcat scores? Please offer your opinions!

The panel only has your personal statement and letters of recomendation. The whole concept of the interview process here at AZCOM, is to try to get to know the individual. The fact that you have been invited at all tells the interviewers you are "qualified" to be in medical school.

Having a semi-blind interview allows for an unbiased approach (who really cares if you got a C in O-chem four years ago, they want to know who YOU are). This allows the interviwers and interviewees to explore areas of comittment, sincerity, character, and quality of education. It also permits more time for questions you might have concerning the University and its goals.

My interview here was quite a unique experience than others I had gone to. I knew when I walked out the door, that if they chose to accept me that I would go here regardless of other acceptances. Obviously I did get accepted and I have no regrets.

My educational preparation thus far has been excellent. We have an exceptional basic science core faculty. Our Gross anatomy team are without a doubt the most committed and dedicated instructors I have ever had. They stimulate discussion, apply structure and funtion into all aspects of their curriculum and their testing has a mixture of clinical application and core science content.

I would suggest that after your interview process that you walk around campus, chat with a few random students and get a feel for their perspectives as well. Good luck to you next month!

Now back to studying for finals!