AZCOM v. DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeception

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I was fortunate enough to receive several acceptances so far and with December coming up I have to make the decision on where to pay the deposit. I also have an interview at KCU coming up in a couple of weeks but so far I have narrowed my list to AZCOM and DMU. I have read through the school specific threads but I wanted to hear more opinions about the two. I know no two people are the same, but I want to go where I will have the best chance of success / thriving as a student. Also I am a CA resident

Members don't see this ad.

What are your pros and cons of each school?

DMU

Pros:
lower tuition then AZCOM
very friendly environment (they have sent a letter from a student, school, and made several calls post-admission)

cons:
far from CA, harder move further from social support
cold (I am not use to snow)

AZCOM

pros:
great campus
warm weather (can also be too warm)

cons:
tuition
traditional curriculum

I left out pros that they both have such as great boards scores, both have ultrasound integrated into currciulum

Members don't see this ad :)
I chose AZCOM because my wife will be happier there than other places I interviewed at. If I was single I would have chosen the cheapest school.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to make this decision several weeks ago and chose DMU. The fact that AZCOM's admin makes so much money compared to DMU staff, as well as AZCOM, not actually posting their Match list. I wasn't very impressed when I interviewed as well.

Reactions: 1 users