Touro Nevada v DMU

Started by chipeachi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chipeachi

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I have come across a difficult decision. Currently I hold acceptances at Touro Nevada and more recently DMU. If anybody has any insight to these schools to assist in my decision making, that would greatly be appreciated 🙂

Touro- NV
Pros
  • pre-recorded/recorded lectures
  • P/F curriculum (but still ranked)
  • Rotations are local
  • Excellent match rate and boards pass rate
  • Closer to home (California native!)

Cons
  • research you have to find yourself
  • Has only been open for about 20 years

DMU
Pros
  • plentiful research opportunities
  • pre-recorded/recorded lectures
  • one of the best DO schools (been around for awhile)
  • Excellent match rate and boards pass rate
  • I saw they have a global health internship/rotations that I am interested in

Cons
  • graded curriculum (although I have heard from students that it's not too bad?)
  • rotations are not local (lottery based system)
  • further from home (California native!)

Additional Information: Overall both schools have their own unique opportunities. Both are around the same tuition. I would like to go back to California for residency! Currently interested in pediatrics.