This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rooooooooo

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!! I am grateful to be accepted into 2 schools with amazing programs but I need help deciding between the two. Here's what I'm thinking and considering between the two schools:

KCU
+ good research
+ much much cheaper than KCU (~100k cheaper)
+ good test scores
+ 100% match rate for the past few years
+ Pass/Fail system

AZCOM
+ great curriculum
+ good test scores
+ more than 95% match rate
- letter grade system
- expensive tuition
+ more students match into a residency in California

Interested in matching into a residency in California but not dead set on that. (side note: is it easy to re-locate for fellowship?). Also interested in doing research and hopefully matching into a surgical field! What do you all think?
 
I interviewed at both schools in a previous cycle and although AZCOM was nice, I would personally prefer KCU! The fact that it's 100k cheaper notwithstanding, I liked the P/F system and overall vibes from talking to students, and I think it's really a shame that virtual interviews don't allow you to see how well you'll like the campus. Also, this is just personal preference, but I interviewed at KCU the day after a snowstorm and still loved it (I like seasons/the cold haha). Feel free to PM me if you want to ask more specific questions!