AZCOM vs KCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rooooooooo

Reaction score
Hello!! I am grateful to be accepted into 2 schools with amazing programs but I need help deciding between the two. Here's what I'm thinking and considering between the two schools:

KCU
+ good research
+ much much cheaper than KCU (~100k cheaper)
+ good test scores
+ 100% match rate for the past few years
+ Pass/Fail system

AZCOM
+ great curriculum
+ good test scores
+ more than 95% match rate
- letter grade system
- expensive tuition
+ more students match into a residency in California

Interested in matching into a residency in California but not dead set on that. (side note: is it easy to re-locate for fellowship?). Also interested in doing research and hopefully matching into a surgical field! What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah I have family that went to AZCOM and matched great but he tells people the extra 100k debt is not worth the benefits of the school

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed at both schools in a previous cycle and although AZCOM was nice, I would personally prefer KCU! The fact that it's 100k cheaper notwithstanding, I liked the P/F system and overall vibes from talking to students, and I think it's really a shame that virtual interviews don't allow you to see how well you'll like the campus. Also, this is just personal preference, but I interviewed at KCU the day after a snowstorm and still loved it (I like seasons/the cold haha). Feel free to PM me if you want to ask more specific questions!

Reactions: 1 user