B&B Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrewb94

Reaction score
Thoughts? Has anyone used it and Passed?

Members don't see this ad.

This is my experience. I took the boards in late August. I Passed. Was a huge relief because when I walked out I felt it was 50-50. I didn't feel terrible about it but I didn't know for sure if I was over the hill. As for B&B I think overall it was solid. I didn't go over any of the videos. There isn't enough in the videos if you watch them all to Pass in my opinion. That is just my 2 cents. However, the textbook is legit. It is around 700+ pages but organized nicely. Not a lot of tables but I am okay with that. I prefer bullet style notes anyways. The sections I thought were solid and really helped me on the actual exam were the Dental anatomy/occlusion/histology section specific to teeth/eruption/formation etc. That really helped me do well on that portion of the exam which I believe is the most important section to do well on. I also liked the Pathology section a lot. I felt it really covered the majority of the diseases but you have to know it inside and out because some of the testlets are tricky and require that you know your stuff cold. I studied the H & N sections for anatomy pretty hard and I found that this section in particular wasn't as solid. I skipped the body section and I am glad I did because it wasn't at all a huge amount of questions on the exam. I feel like it is more important to focus on the neck up. The Physiology and Biochemistry sections for B&B are pretty darn good too. I feel like if you go through those twice in detail you will be solid for the exam. I also skipped general histology in the Anatomy section. I felt like I was fine on any questions pertaining to that through other sections in the textbook. The one section that is hit or miss is Microbiology for B&B. It is too short or limited in what it covers. More specifically, it covers a lot of general knowledge which is great as well as drugs for antimicrobials, antivirals, etc. However, the exam had some pretty random questions pertaining to microbiology that were like wtf? I would probably use something else like 1st Aid for Microbiology if you want to walk out feeling you new your stuff on that section. Overall, I feel like B&B if gone over in detail is enough to Pass but it also depends on the exam you get too.
I also did NOT use the APP. I purchased the dental mastery APP and immediately realized I needed to study and going over questions from the APP was not going to help my case. Thus, I didn't use it. I felt it was useless because it covers different topics and was no where near enough to make you feel like you satisfactorily covered enough of the material.
In conclusion,
GREAT sections from B&B --> Dental anatomy/occlusion, Pathology, Biochemistry & Physiology (B&B enough for the exam).
OKAY/MEH sections from B&B --> H & N Anatomy (combine w/ 1st Aid).
NOT GREAT sections from B&B --> Microbiology (study 1st Aid).
Good Luck!

Reactions: 2 users