B&B videos enough with mastery app for NBDE1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairyDMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about two weeks to study for part 1, so I'm hoping to use the most concise resource. I know the B&B videos are high yield, but are they too condensed? I don't have the textbook, so I was just planning on watching the videos and then using the mastery app. I also have the dental decks, but it seems impossible to get through them all in time and remember what I learned. Should I just stick with my B&B + mastery app plan or just buckle down and study all the decks?

UPDATE for anyone with the same question: I just watched all the B&B videos other than dental anatomy and went through the associated flashcards (some I went through a couple times), went through the mastery app (I got through about 1k questions and read the explanations when i got something wrong), and went over 300 dental anatomy facts a lot, and I passed.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you find the questions from the mastery app similar difficulty/format compared to the actual NBDE Part I?
In addition, did you find B&B as high yield as advertised?

For part 1 I only used the mastery app and passed 1st time. Make sure you went through all questions at least a few times until you basically memorize them. The questions that were asked on my actual test were longer and more elaborate, but essentially they test the same concepts as the questions from the app.