B- in gen bio 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whalesarewhoiwanttocare4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a B- in general biology 1... should i retake it or should i just keep getting higher grades in everything else?

would this grade eventually bite me in the butt during applications it vet schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Take a deep breath. Life goes on; there are plenty of people in vet school with Bs and Cs on their undergrad transcripts. You need to figure out why your grade didn't meet your expectations this time around and take steps to address that in the future as you work towards earning solid grades in upper-division courses. I would advise you not to to retake this course as a B- isn't really a bad grade. Basically, don't make this a trend and "own" the grade and you will be fine.

Reactions: 2 users
No, do not retake it. A B- is not even bad! So don't freak out! Just learn from your mistakes and do better in your next classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who was recently flipping out over a C+ in physics, don't sweat it. You have plenty of upper-level bio classes to prove you know how ot study and know what you're doing.

Seconding everyone, just focus on your future grades. You will probably be taking some upper level bio courses, so try to get a good grade in them. Retaking a B-, to my knowledge, is not advised. A B- won't hurt that much really.

As someone who was recently flipping out over a C+ in physics, don't sweat it. You have plenty of upper-level bio classes to prove you know how ot study and know what you're doing.

Ah, I was recently flipping out over a C+ in organic chem 1. Shouldn't be end of the world for us, I hope.

I got a C+ in Ochem 2, a C in Physics 2 and ended up just fine, don't stress too much ;)

Oh noes. the world is ending. This is a sign the zombie apocalypse is coming.

Not really kidding. You need to find a way to mellow out or you are going to explode long before vet school.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I was thinking! I feel really bad for telling that other poster that you needed just a 4.5... I didn't realize it had gone up since I got into vet school.

Let's be serious though, they're probably only a freshman if they're taking gen bio now, by the time they apply it'll probably be up to at least a 6.3.

tumblr_miea2hpay81rpm9hyo4_250.gif