B in Gen. Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pathologist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is kind of stupid, but is B in general chem I going to hurt me much? I'm not trying to blame it on anyone else, but I have a terrible professor for the class. He's on probabation and about to be let go. But, unfortunately I have to put up with him for this semester. Anyway, back to my original question: will this mess me up? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry about being so blunt in my response - it's just that I cringe when I hear questions like that - how can one B in one class "mess you up?" There are many, many more things that will prove to be more important than your chem grade. Try your best, then you'll never have to wonder about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
My God!!!!! A B???? Looks like you can plan on becoming a garbageman! ;)

No, a B won't kill you in any subject, as long as you have a strong academic record. Just do your best, and make sure you don't have too many in the end.

Good luck. :)

We wouldn't know...none of us ever got anything but straight As....

(laugh a little....)

onwis

jamier2, oldernotwiser - I chuckled out loud after reading your comments. I hope the people in med school are going to be like the ones here on SDN. :)

I hope the people in med school ARE the ones here on SDN! (myself included)

;)

Dude,
I think you better just withdraw from college. you got a freaking B??
Damn..you are pretty screwed. I mean, unless you got a 43 on your MCAT. But even then, I see you maybe getting one or two interviews...but definitely not an acceptance...
Sorry we had to break this to you...

Actually, according to an AAMC study, 95 % of all applicants ..........

Ok, I'll cut the crap. No a B won't kill you.

Oops! My bad... you know I love you guys! I would be thrilled to be a class with all of you - I'm so encouraged by everyone here, that I am going to miss it... I guess we can all move into the other forum next year. :D

Damn!

MD2Be is starting that 95% stuff again! lol. That's was a good one. I agree with the others. Unless you ace every class from here on out and score a 40+ MCAT, you have ZERO chance of getting in! Sucks to be you....and me too because I had B's in Gen Chem I and II...OH NOOOO!!!! :)

Hey, this guy got a B - are the administrators sleeping, why have't they moved his thread over to pre-dental???

LOL, MD2Be- you gonna go get everyone all riled up again! Had me almost fall over. To the OP, You'll be fine just don't make it a habit like Trek's crack addiction. --Trek

I hope B's dont kill you, because I have a few of them. I got a B in Gen Chem 2, and a B in Biology 1, and B in my lab for Bio 2, and unfortunately math classes go into the calculation of Science GPA, and well that isnt my strong subject(I got B's in trig, precalc, and calculus 1) I just keep telling myself that the important thing is that there are more A's and B's and Ill be fine. So my advice...move on with your life and kick butt in organic.

LOL, MD2Be- you gonna go get everyone all riled up again! Had me almost fall over. To the OP, You'll be fine just don't make it a habit like Trek's crack addiction. --Trek

Who me? The thought never crossed my mind.
Isn't it cool how lies become so much more credible when some bogus study is attached to them?

By getting one "B," you will show the ADCOMs that you're human. You don't need a 4.0 to get into med school!

Pathologist
Hey man just relax and try harder. One B is not going to kill you. I am on similar boat if not worse. My undergraduate GPA lingers at a 3.1 and I plan to apply in the upcoming year. All I know is you must try to achieve your highest goal and face fear in the face. Good luck and remember to enjoy your life in the persuit of your future. :cool: