Congrats to you! I started first year with a 7 month old baby. Since we are in times of COVID and 75% of our curriculum is online I can really only speak to these current circumstances. For me, handling a baby and a veterinary curriculum has been totally doable. You will make some social and maybe even academic sacrifices for the sake of time with your family but if that’s something you can get past then you’ll be in great shape.
There are many things you need to think about and prepare for prior to arriving at school that your peers will not - childcare, lactation rooms, insurance options provided by the school, etc.
There have been more than a few instances where my son was sick and I had to have him in the background of a zoom meeting or listening to a lecture but I would not ever bring him to class (and he would not enjoy it at all), instead just have a conversation with your professors about your situation if you don’t have childcare coverage or if one of the many baby colds hit (pretty much every few weeks).
The routine that works best for me is school 8-4, spend time with my family until my sons bedtime (630 or so), then back to study mode. I use my weekends to relax unless I desperately need to catch up on schoolwork. You’ll find a balance that works best for you.
Some must have items: a boppy or breastfeeding pillow if you’re planning on that, an activity center, diaper genie, rocking chair, sound machine, wow it hurts me to think I can’t even remember some of the stuff I used when he was a little baby 😭.
Anyway, you can message me directly for more specifics. Good luck!