• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Bachelor’s Degree

Foot_Girl

Nov 5, 2019
  1. Pre-Podiatry
  2. Podiatry Student
Is a bachelor’s degree really important? Has anyone been accepted without it? I noticed that there is only 90 hours required. So far, I have been offered 2 interviews. I have acknowledged the fact that I won’t complete my bachelor’s degree if accepted via email before being offered the interviews. I have a pretty high GPA and made As in most of my pre-reqs. I have a 3.75 cGPA and a 3.6- sGPA. I am very passionate about podiatry and I don’t see the point in waiting any longer just to complete a bachelor’s degree, I can use my money towards podiatry school and not undergrad. Any advice is also welcomed for approaching my interviews without a bachelor’s degree.

Upvote 0

tiger1409

2+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2019
  1. Pre-Podiatry
On AACPM website it says "Over 97% of the students who enter podiatric medical school have a bachelor’s degree." So I guess not everyone gets bachelor's? And you've already gotten interviews so I don't see any issues honestly.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2016
Tarsal Tunnel
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The issue will be if for some reason you do not make it out of the Pod program (for whatever reason), then you would have to return to undergrad and finish the bachelor's degree. IMO, Podiatry schools aren't going anywhere....finish your degree..take the MCAT...Shadow....and if this field is still your dream then go for it.

But to answer your original ques...no, you do not need a bachelor's degree, as long as you meet all the aacpmas requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.