bachelors of business admin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuffguy13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
out of curiousity, are there any career opportunities opportunities in med business with a bachelors in business admin combined with MD/DO as opposed to an MBA?

Members don't see this ad.

I should be biased as I've got the MBA already, but really I would not think there would be much difference between a BBA and an MBA, unless you're looking at senior hospital administration in which case the "M" looks more impressive to a potential board of directors than a "B".

I'd suggest you look at this more as what you can do, rather than what someone will give you -- example is that in meeting a top healthcare think tank person recently, this person was interested in my business experiences over the past few years primarily; my degree was really secondary to the experiences. The person, in considering my working with the think tank, was mostly looking at what I could prove that I could do for them -- go that route, and the degree that you've got will not hold you back.(presuming that may be your concern?)

i understand what you're saying; since i'm still an undergrad, would you recommend that i possibly getting some business internships despite taking my pre-reqs for medical school? there are also opportunities at hospitals where i could get a business internship, would that be even more beneficial?

Members don't see this ad :)
out of curiousity, are there any career opportunities opportunities in med business with a bachelors in business admin combined with MD/DO as opposed to an MBA?

you could simply get an MHA and skip medical school

you could simply get an MHA and skip medical school

I've considered that before, which was before I decided I wanted to become a physician and work with patients. I was curious as to whether there were any positions in existence that would allow me to use my business skills as well part of the time while treating patients as well.