Back Up Plan

Started by Dunce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Back Up Plan If You Don't Match

  • Gen Surg Prelim

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Medicine Prelim

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transitional Year

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Research

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Beach Bum

    Votes: 1 7.1%

  • Total voters
    14

Dunce

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In light of the ridiculous competitiveness of the Otolaryngology match I thought that I would solicit some opinions on options for a "back up plan" in the event that an applicant is not able to match.
I am pretty sure I know what my back up might be. What are your thoughts on the pros/cons of any of the following options?

1. General Surgery Prelim

2. Medicine Prelim

3. Transitional Year

4. Research (preferably in ENT)
 
my back up was actually radiology because I didn't want to go into general slavery.