Back up plans if no match POLL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

monkeyman727

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So what are most people considering for a back up specialty if they don't match in Radiology? Just wondering what most Radiology interest persons are also (but less) interested in...
MM
 
Well right now I'm trying to decide between Radiology, EM and some sort of surgery (though less likely). I'm still contemplating applying to both programs when I apply next Fall, but am unsure if that will be the best idea.
 
If radiology wasn't an option at all... I would have applied to dermatology. Not a great back up option though.

Going less competitive, maybe anasthesia or path. Anasthesia is probably a little better.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably path or internal med. Might even give EM a whirl. If I don't match this year, though, I will probably just do rads research and try again.
 
i'd do my prelim year then consider applying for Anesthesia or ER. Even though I am enjoying my sub-i right now, I could never do IM for a living.
 
i'd do my prelim year then consider applying for Anesthesia or ER. Even though I am enjoying my sub-i right now, I could never do IM for a living.

rads or bust q 1 year x 4 years
if no luck-> internal medicine here i come
 
For a while I was concerned about my other options. Recently I decided that I am just going to go for it, try to get a prelim year and if I don't match - try again. Then maybe I'll look for a research position and give it a final try.