Back Up Plans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gtam18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you have or had any back up plans just in case pharmacy did not work out. If so, what are/were they? Thanks!

-g

Members don't see this ad.

gtam18 said:
I was just wondering if any of you have or had any back up plans just in case pharmacy did not work out. If so, what are/were they? Thanks!

-g

If I didn't get into Pharm school, i'd probably be working minimum wage. Before, I thought I'm gonna get a degree to be an financial analyst if pharm schools don't accept me. Then I changed my mind, I wanted to be a Personal Trainer. But the thing is neither of them would have given me the time to focus on the prepharm prereq's (both of them took up a lot of space on my schedule) so now I gamble a bit and say, you know what I'm gonna go all out on my biological sciences, the worst is i'll become a hamburger flipper. but i think if i'm dedicated enough, things will work out.

By the way, if you have your B.S. in a subject that can be taught in middle school/ high school, you can work on your credentials for teaching later if pharm doesn't work out. I'm pretty pharm will, though. Just go to a pharm school in the middle of nowhere, they'll "probably" accept you. :)

Degree in Micro/Food science, and :thumbup: apply for a brewmaster position at a brepub.

Members don't see this ad :)
try again!! i didn't get in the first time i applied...finished up with school, got my bachelor's degree, spent the summer volunteering as an english teacher in another country, applied to a crazy number of schools, took my pcat, and have been a bum for months. i've already gotten into 4 schools this year and turned down a buncha interviews. just don't give up. they'll see that you really want it. my stats aren't even that great, but i've gotten into a few good programs. good luck!

hey scgrl02, I was wondering what you did different when you applied the second time around? Applied early, more volunteer work, better grades etc? Just need some advice in case I don't get in anywhere this year. Thanks!

my backup plan (short term) is a margarita.

seriously those people are killing me making me wait for whether i got in or not. i just want to go lay on a beach unitl i dont care if i get in or not.

aubieRx said:
my backup plan (short term) is a margarita.

seriously those people are killing me making me wait for whether i got in or not. i just want to go lay on a beach unitl i dont care if i get in or not.

hehe...aubie.... very silly... but yet cute... HEY people have faith!!~* i am in the same shoes you guys are... and I am trying my best to do whatever it takes to get in.... my back up plan would be ... attending a university... obtaining my BS in chemistry... hopefully that would help as a backbone in Pharmacy...

If I don't make it, I'll probably consider PA school, Optometry, or *gulp* medical school. Definitely medical school.