gtam18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2004
Status
I was just wondering if any of you have or had any back up plans just in case pharmacy did not work out. If so, what are/were they? Thanks!

-g

UMbryce

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
gtam18 said:
I was just wondering if any of you have or had any back up plans just in case pharmacy did not work out. If so, what are/were they? Thanks!

-g

If I didn't get into Pharm school, i'd probably be working minimum wage. Before, I thought I'm gonna get a degree to be an financial analyst if pharm schools don't accept me. Then I changed my mind, I wanted to be a Personal Trainer. But the thing is neither of them would have given me the time to focus on the prepharm prereq's (both of them took up a lot of space on my schedule) so now I gamble a bit and say, you know what I'm gonna go all out on my biological sciences, the worst is i'll become a hamburger flipper. but i think if i'm dedicated enough, things will work out.

By the way, if you have your B.S. in a subject that can be taught in middle school/ high school, you can work on your credentials for teaching later if pharm doesn't work out. I'm pretty pharm will, though. Just go to a pharm school in the middle of nowhere, they'll "probably" accept you. :)

About the Ads

scgrl02

10+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2005
Status
try again!! i didn't get in the first time i applied...finished up with school, got my bachelor's degree, spent the summer volunteering as an english teacher in another country, applied to a crazy number of schools, took my pcat, and have been a bum for months. i've already gotten into 4 schools this year and turned down a buncha interviews. just don't give up. they'll see that you really want it. my stats aren't even that great, but i've gotten into a few good programs. good luck!

H20Suga

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status
hey scgrl02, I was wondering what you did different when you applied the second time around? Applied early, more volunteer work, better grades etc? Just need some advice in case I don't get in anywhere this year. Thanks!

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
Status
my backup plan (short term) is a margarita.

seriously those people are killing me making me wait for whether i got in or not. i just want to go lay on a beach unitl i dont care if i get in or not.

MingLee

~~Ming Lee~~
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2005
Gainesville, Florida
Status
aubieRx said:
my backup plan (short term) is a margarita.

seriously those people are killing me making me wait for whether i got in or not. i just want to go lay on a beach unitl i dont care if i get in or not.

hehe...aubie.... very silly... but yet cute... HEY people have faith!!~* i am in the same shoes you guys are... and I am trying my best to do whatever it takes to get in.... my back up plan would be ... attending a university... obtaining my BS in chemistry... hopefully that would help as a backbone in Pharmacy...

mokopharmd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Dallas, TX
Status
If I don't make it, I'll probably consider PA school, Optometry, or *gulp* medical school. Definitely medical school.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads