Back Up Plans?

Started by gtam18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gtam18

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if any of you have or had any back up plans just in case pharmacy did not work out. If so, what are/were they? Thanks!

-g
 
gtam18 said:
I was just wondering if any of you have or had any back up plans just in case pharmacy did not work out. If so, what are/were they? Thanks!

-g

If I didn't get into Pharm school, i'd probably be working minimum wage. Before, I thought I'm gonna get a degree to be an financial analyst if pharm schools don't accept me. Then I changed my mind, I wanted to be a Personal Trainer. But the thing is neither of them would have given me the time to focus on the prepharm prereq's (both of them took up a lot of space on my schedule) so now I gamble a bit and say, you know what I'm gonna go all out on my biological sciences, the worst is i'll become a hamburger flipper. but i think if i'm dedicated enough, things will work out.

By the way, if you have your B.S. in a subject that can be taught in middle school/ high school, you can work on your credentials for teaching later if pharm doesn't work out. I'm pretty pharm will, though. Just go to a pharm school in the middle of nowhere, they'll "probably" accept you. 🙂
 
Degree in Micro/Food science, and 👍 apply for a brewmaster position at a brepub.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
try again!! i didn't get in the first time i applied...finished up with school, got my bachelor's degree, spent the summer volunteering as an english teacher in another country, applied to a crazy number of schools, took my pcat, and have been a bum for months. i've already gotten into 4 schools this year and turned down a buncha interviews. just don't give up. they'll see that you really want it. my stats aren't even that great, but i've gotten into a few good programs. good luck!
 
hey scgrl02, I was wondering what you did different when you applied the second time around? Applied early, more volunteer work, better grades etc? Just need some advice in case I don't get in anywhere this year. Thanks!
 
my backup plan (short term) is a margarita.

seriously those people are killing me making me wait for whether i got in or not. i just want to go lay on a beach unitl i dont care if i get in or not.
 
aubieRx said:
my backup plan (short term) is a margarita.

seriously those people are killing me making me wait for whether i got in or not. i just want to go lay on a beach unitl i dont care if i get in or not.


hehe...aubie.... very silly... but yet cute... HEY people have faith!!~* i am in the same shoes you guys are... and I am trying my best to do whatever it takes to get in.... my back up plan would be ... attending a university... obtaining my BS in chemistry... hopefully that would help as a backbone in Pharmacy...
 
If I don't make it, I'll probably consider PA school, Optometry, or *gulp* medical school. Definitely medical school.