Bad first transfer quarter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorriedSocks

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just transferred from a CC to a UC as a junior and I did horrible my first quarter even though I did fairly well (3.7 gpa, but one C in Calculus during my first semester), I got a C in my Statistic class and a C in Biochemistry class, are my chances of getting into University of the Pacific slim or any pharmacy school for that matter since I have too many C's on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I transferred from a CC and completely fell on my face at the university. It took a while for me to get my grade up but I still wasn't able to get them to be perfect. I was terrified about applying to pharmacy school because of this (I got 4 D's) but hey, I got into a California pharmacy school with a 2.9 GPA. So don't give up hope. Just make sure that you're well rounded and have experience because it may help balance out your application. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, I transferred from a CC and completely fell on my face at the university. It took a while for me to get my grade up but I still wasn't able to get them to be perfect. I was terrified about applying to pharmacy school because of this (I got 4 D's) but hey, I got into a California pharmacy school with a 2.9 GPA. So don't give up hope. Just make sure that you're well rounded and have experience because it may help balance out your application. Good luck!

How much is tuition?

Pharmacy school is really easy to get into. There are too many pharmacy schools now and not enough jobs for graduates. The real hard part isn't getting into pharmacy school but rather landing a job after you rack up $200k+ in loans.

Computer science makes a much better return on investment for your education. You will not only save $200k+ and 4 years of your life but also enjoy much better job prospects and a better quality of life, at least compared to retail pharmacy. There are actually plenty of jobs for computer science graduates in California, whereas you will most definitely have to move out of state to the middle of nowhere to find a job if those aren't taken already.