Bad gradesin non-premed requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobthesun

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my sophomore year I got a C in calc 2. I also just got a C- in Intermedia microeconomics(******* teacher) and because I am an econ major I need at least a C or the school won't give me the major. So i will be retaking that class.

As far as my gpa goes I am roughly 3.35.
I have a 30 on my mcat. and my ec's are really good. V athletics, student government, investment club/company leadership, journal publication, etc.

how are my chances right now. feel free to ask me questions.
also im from cali

p.s. i think i posted this in the wrong forum so feel free to move it mods.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is your science GPA? My PI, who used to be on the admissions committee at Harvard, says that's what really counts. He's a little old fashioned though.

Do you have an clinical experiences? You didn't list any, but they tend to be really important.

Based on what you have, I would say you could get into a DO school no problem. MD may be a struggle if you don't apply broadly.

I have ER volunteering as well as physician shadowing. For DO schools do i need a DO recommendation? also my sgpa is a little higher 3.45

I think there is a good chance you may be able to get into a MD school if you apply to a lot of places.

Applying to DO schools would make sure that you become a doctor either way, so it's always a good option. You would need a letter from a DO. If you are applying in the 2012 cycle, you still have time to shadow a DO and get a letter of rec. =]