MD Non US applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinestarmed

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I am an international student in the US, and I will apply to medical school in the cycle of 2026 (currently in second year), and I want to know my chances and what can I do to maximize those chances.

I am a neuroscience major, my cGPA is around 3.8 (sGPA 3.9), 125 clinical hours in my home country (pediatrics shadowing) and 100 clinical hours in the US (scribe), 50 hours of clinical neuroscience research. I plan on doing scientific research on personalized medicine and taking more clinical hours in the country.

Prospective school list: NYU Grossman, Weill Cornell, Columbia VP&S, Icahn, Yale, Harvard, Perelman, Einstein, Duke, WUSTL, UChicago, Feinberg, Jefferson, Dartmouth, Tufts, Stanford and UCLA.

To add context I am a low income Latino, have a somewhat not typical life story and will be transferring schools for better academic opportunities + more financial aid.

Thank you and I hope not being that delusional. :')

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!

What is your immigration status since that is the most Impactful item that determines your success in the medical school admissions process for now. (No lists without an official MCAT score.)

Please provide details requested in the WAMC template.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to the forums!

What is your immigration status since that is the most Impactful item that determines your success in the medical school admissions process for now. (No lists without an official MCAT score.)

Please provide details requested in the WAMC template.
I am on an F1 visa, and have not taken the MCAT yet but took an FL (I know it is not definitive) and got a 509, so I guess I should improve by next year.

Sorry if I posted it on the wrong forum 🥲

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
How much community service have you been able to do? Specifically work such as food distribution, shelter volunteer, tax/job preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation?

How much community service have you been able to do? Specifically work such as food distribution, shelter volunteer, tax/job preparation, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation?
Not as much as I wish, 50 hours of volunteering at a nursing home as of now. Before college I volunteered for 3 years at a pediatric cancer NGO in my country, not sure if it counts.

What did you do with the NGO? How long ago?
We provided patients' families with psychological and financial support and offered them free housing during their stay at the city (they mostly came from underserved/undeveloped rural areas) and helped them all the way through the state's healthcare system (it is free but some did not understand their child's situation at all). 2019-2022, I am probably volunteering again during spring break if I go to my country.