1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

bad idea?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Apparition, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Taking a practice test on friday, the day before real one?

2. bigdan

bigdan SDN Donor
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Maybe/maybe not...but I'm gonna do it too.
    G'Luck.

dc

3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, i'd say its a bad idea.

4. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Good idea if you do well on the practice test, bad idea if you do poorly. The problem is, you won't have time to use your results to help prepare you, so it's an exercise in confidence boosting/busting.

5. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I feel that I should take another aamc (6R) to get better at timing but I'm afraid I won't be able to look at the real thing the next day.

6. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    why not informally do a practice test? Like take it but not time yourself and just look for weaknesses.

7. Apparition

Apparition 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

My biggest weakness is not having enough time. Having gone over my practice tests, I noticed that about 80% of the wrong answers resulted from haste.

8. Cerberus

Cerberus Heroic Necromancer
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    this is also my biggest problem but I doubt taking a timed test teh day before is really going to help that much...

9. MeowMix

MeowMix Explaining "Post-Call"
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Put it this way: if you were running a marathon and wanted to do well, would you run a practice marathon the day before?

I found that if I tried to do full-length tests with only 1 day between, I was too tired on the second one to do well. Back to back is asking for trouble. Don't do it.

10. I think many people would advise you to take the day off. The 24 hours before the exam, relax. Do some light reading if you have to, but no hardcore memorizing or anything. You don't want to start freaking out! :)