bad in bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TifanieMarie

Tifster
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im doing pretty bad in bio 122 i just got a D on a test and i just dont know if i can pull up my grade with this teacher ( i really cant stand her) and i had a C in bio 121, i know i need to pull up my science gpa as thats the only science class ive taken so far, im thinking about dropping the class ( i can still drop with a W instead of an F) and taking it like my last semester after i know what my gpa is looking like. this also means i am probably going to be in this junior college for atleast 3 1/2 years.
should i drop? will it look bad? i am so stressed out

Members don't see this ad.

A W would look better than an F on your transcript, but I always think that the pharmacy committee will know why you took the W so it won't make all that much difference. Thats just my own personal thought though. If it was me I would stick it out and do my best (get tutors, talk to the teacher etc) to pull a C in the class so I didn't have to take it over later.

Are you doing well in all of your other classes? If it's just the BIO that might not be enough to hurt you in the big picture as long as you have a strong GPA and PCAT score to make up for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
The W exists for many reasons - life circumstances - just an off semester - etc.. NEVER accept a bad grade. I would take the W - but then do some serious reflection:

1. Why am I doing poorly in Bio? My guess is that you are not studying enough. This isn't like Organic - where you can understand the mechanism, but then use it incorrectly on the test. You either know the information on the test, or you don't. You need to think about where your deficiencies (spelled wrong I think) are.

2. What is my next course of action? Whatever you are doing right now isn't working for you. Maybe pursue the Chemistry courses or some other pre-reqs. Giving yourself sometime to mature as a student can do worlds of good for your study habits.

In the interest of keeping this short - I will leave you with this - You earn whatever grade you get - If you are unhappy with the C or D - Work hard and earn something better.

Good Luck - let us know how its going

~above~

2. What is my next course of action? Whatever you are doing right now isn't working for you. Maybe pursue the Chemistry courses or some other pre-reqs. Giving yourself sometime to mature as a student can do worlds of good for your study habits.

~above~[/quote]

thank you thats pretty much what i was thinking, im hoping to pull up my science gpa w/ chem

i know how you feel. i think i just bummed an organic test i studied my ars off for :( a friend of mine drops classes whenever she doesn't get the grade she wants. she just interviewd last week at a pharm school. she said they didn't ask about her w's. they were more concerned about the gpa

dont worry so much as long as you can pass bio even with a C then do well in all your other science courses then i'm sure you're still be fine...i'm probably worse then anyone else! I withdraw from both bio 1 and 2 and still only end up with C in both classes!! I even got a few C in other science courses and hey i still got in...well good luck!!!