bad scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gd55

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guy, i got my part1 result......its 83....too bad

do u guys have any idea what kind of scores are coming this time of year and is it worth applying with such a low score? my gpa is 3.1

kindly kindly give me some feedback,,, feeling so bad, need ur help

Members don't see this ad.

It's not so bad, what is your toefl score? Also, you should have good rec letters and experience. These will make up for a lower score. You could still apply for UOP, and other California schools with your score. It is too low for UMich, UPenn, BU, and some others. Good luck!
Sofi

It's not so bad, what is your toefl score? Also, you should have good rec letters and experience. These will make up for a lower score. You could still apply for UOP, and other California schools with your score. It is too low for UMich, UPenn, BU, and some others. Good luck!
Sofi

NYU will take you for sure:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi thnx sofi n samyred.....really encouraging to hav a feedback;
my toefl is 260(cbt) but only 6 months of work ex

i hope nyu goes a bit low this time as ppl r not getting much high marks.

will giving part2 now add up to my profile
plz post comments

Well, I think its all depends on how many applicant apply and their average scores. School has a limited capacity of student they will accept. Some school looks at your NBDE scores, other may look at your overall. So just pray and good luck!

hey thanks lky!

Hi from California! Long time no see ladies and gents! :cool:
Well, some schools are looking for a 90+ NBDE score first, and then for some experience in your CV, other schools - as in California - look at the overall, not so much at your Part 1 score. They do care for reco letters, personal statement, experience, research, publications, awards, foreign languages, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, etc... So don't worry too much for CA schools as long as you have all these in your CV but a lower Part 1 score.
As for me, I have all these in the CV, a lower Part 1 score, and I am still waiting for an interview. I applied to all CA schools. If I don't get in this year, I will apply for East Coast schools also, NYU and the rest of them.
Best of luck to all!