Bad Sub I Grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejay99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I only received a pass in a sub I I took in July despite working very hard and having pretty decent grades/evaluation in my other rotations. I'm applying to a non-competitive specialty but feel worried this is going to raise flags and be a huge ink blot on an otherwise strong application. At my school, summer grades are only included in the MSPE if they come in on time. Has anyone asked remove a summer grade from their MSPE if it is hurts their chance of matching? I know some schools don't even include summer grades, so this seems like a reasonable idea.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I only received a pass in a sub I I took in July despite working very hard and having pretty decent grades/evaluation in my other rotations. I'm applying to a non-competitive specialty but feel worried this is going to raise flags and be a huge ink blot on an otherwise strong application. At my school, summer grades are only included in the MSPE if they come in on time. Has anyone asked remove a summer grade from their MSPE if it is hurts their chance of matching? I know some schools don't even include summer grades, so this seems like a reasonable idea.

No, it's not a reasonable idea. It's dishonest and pathetic. You got what you got. Figure out why and move on.

:laugh:. Good job QUOTE feature

Just to add:

Someone at my school currently asked to do that. He/she was summarily disciplined by the school for even thinking about that action.

I don't know the nature or severity of punishment, but it did occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.