Barbados, Trinidad, or Antigua

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tenacious_one

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a medical student in the states looking to do a clinical/research elctive on reproductive health as an international elective. I've heard good things about Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados. But there is not much on the internet about caribbean medical school programs...any thoughts about what islands or programs would be great for an elective. THANK YOU:love:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a medical student in the states looking to do a clinical/research elctive on reproductive health as an international elective. I've heard good things about Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Barbados. But there is not much on the internet about caribbean medical school programs...any thoughts about what islands or programs would be great for an elective. THANK YOU:love:

well that depends on what you want to do on your elective....both barbados and trinidad are pretty well known meaning they get a lot of tourists and you'll get to do your fare share of partying on both islands. I'd say in terms of nightlife and things to do Trinidad > barbados > antigua....

i have no doubt that i'll have a great time where-ever i go,
i'm thinking of OB/gyn or pediatrics...

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm Trini, and lemme tell yuh: when tourists speak of Trinidad, all they know is Carnival and Soca, but Trinidad's crime is out of control, with a huge rise in kidnappings and murders. Check out the Trinidad Guardian, Trinidad NewsDay, or Trinidad Express newspapers online if you don't believe me. Do yourself a favor and go to beautiful *peaceful* Barbados. Trust me, I love Trinidad, but most of my family is trying to get out of there due to the crime situation.

I'm Trini, and lemme tell yuh: when tourists speak of Trinidad, all they know is Carnival and Soca, but Trinidad's crime is out of control, with a huge rise in kidnappings and murders. Check out the Trinidad Guardian, Trinidad NewsDay, or Trinidad Express newspapers online if you don't believe me. Do yourself a favor and go to beautiful *peaceful* Barbados. Trust me, I love Trinidad, but most of my family is trying to get out of there due to the crime situation.
I just found this interesting..I am a bajan and I love the fact that you acknowledged the crime rate in trinidad. most people are so biased. I deem you to be a fair person when it comes to advice. Where are you studying now?