This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rafacena

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I have been thinking of applying to a post bacc program and wanted to know if anyone can compare their knowledge/experience between the two programs? Nova guarantees an interview with their dental school if you do well but Barry has been around for much longer and seems to have a good reputation. I have heard that Barry is a very supportive environment from a thread on SDN but don't have much information on the NSU experience. Is the atmosphere at NSU such that the students are supportive of each other and the teachers are supportive as well? Or do the students try to sabotage each other to improve their chances at getting an interview?
 
Hi! I'm part of Barry's BMS program and enrolled in the two-year dental track in Fall 2019. I can definitely attest that our program is full of supportive staff from different backgrounds in healthcare. The transition to an online environment mid-spring was quick and the professors had no issues writing letters of rec when asked.

I applied to 7 schools in September and had 4 interviews scheduled. Currently, I have acceptances from UDM and Howard and waitlisted by UF. And I don't believe I'll take the interview with Tufts whenever they reach out. The reason I mention Tufts is because of the deep relationship with our BMS program. I know the medical side is relatively the same, but for dental they accept around 40 of our 50ish students every cycle. Even the professors fly to Boston every year to attend the white coat ceremonies.

Hope this answered most of your questions!