Barry class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah, got that too...haven't heard anything else since then. They said they are still working on award letters for summer term students.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard anything more from the Fin aid office...this is starting to get annoying :mad:

I spoke to them recently. They said that we werent supposed to receive anything, and that everything we need to know about fin. aid were presented at the interview.

:confused:

You just need to make sure you do your FAFSA (online) and your Graduate FinAid form (from Barry FinAid office) each year. I would recommend you do these early every year... FAFSA is available around January and Grad FinAid form becomes available right about the same time. You also need to do the MPN at the very start of the pod program as was mentioned.

After you get those things done and they have been received/processed by Barry, you will get an award letter in the mail of your estimated allowance each semester of the upcoming academic year. If you have done all of those things, have waited a couple weeks, and haven't gotten an award letter, call FinAid and ask to talk to someone in graduate financial aid.

FYI... don't get spoiled by the fact that you get quite a bit of money in each of the first two semesters. Keep in mind that your total money is just split 50/50 for fall and spring during first year. In 2nd-4th year, it gets split 33/33/33 for summer, fall, and spring.

Yeah I completed all those things around March 25th. Every time I call to ask they say they are still working on it.

Yeah I completed all those things around March 25th. Every time I call to ask they say they are still working on it.

I got the same answer evey time i called them. If you have done all the financial aid paper work, you are all set for now. Just make sure Barry received all the paper work.

did anybody get any scholarship offers from Barry yet or it will be given out with the award letter?

Yeah... got mine at interview too!

Thank you Scrlet and Buspar....

Members don't see this ad :)
so anyone start looking for places to live yet and/or looking for a roommate?

I have submitted my background check, but I am not sure what the deal is with fingerprinting. Does anyone know where they want us to go for this?

I spoke to Amy, and she said we have to get our fingerprinting done ourselves from a local police station. You should call her to verify.

Mrs. Amy Rodriguez
School of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
ph: 305-899-3123
fax: 305-899-4905
e mail: [email protected]

...we have to get our fingerprinting done ourselves from a local police station...
When I was a first year, student fingerprinting was set up to be done on campus during one of the orientation days. For anyone who missed that day, then yes, then those students were on their own to go to a local PD station and get it done.

I just sent in my deposit and am excited to start. I am looking for a place for me and my family and heard Pembroke pines/ Hollywood is a nice area. If anyone has any input for housing for students with kids, please let me know.

I just sent in my deposit and am excited to start. I am looking for a place for me and my family and heard Pembroke pines/ Hollywood is a nice area. If anyone has any input for housing for students with kids, please let me know.

Pembroke Pines is a great location. I would stay away from the east side of Miramar.

Also, I asked AMY about the fingerprint situation, she said she would email someone and get back to me ASAP.

I guess I might email her tomorrow to check up on the status.

Is there anyone looking for a roommate or wanting to go shopping for a place together??? I am currently in CA, btw.:cool:

Any one looking for a roommate let me know.

If anyone still needs help finding a place who is out of state, start asking questions. Aventura is a really sweet area. People are renting out their condos for cheap right now, well it is not cheap, but cheaper than usual. It is weird that BMW's and Mercedes are the average cars here. I feel like white trash with a new Honda Accord. Oh well, the area is safe and clean. I know of a few good realtors that can help people find a place.

Does anyone know if North Miami Beach(collins and 80th st) and North Miami(NE 125th and NE 6th ave) are safe areas:confused:

Does anyone know if North Miami Beach(collins and 80th st) and North Miami(NE 125th and NE 6th ave) are safe areas:confused:

what is your budget?

i dont think ive heard good things or really bad things about those places.

what is your budget?

i dont think ive heard good things or really bad things about those places.

Hi zmeflyby, I am looking for a 1 bedroom for under $800.

I did see a couple of places in north miami for around that range. You should ask around. Just like you, Im new to the area.

GOODLUCK

I would make sure everyone is locked and loaded. Especially here. It doesnt matter how nice your neighborhood is. Find a place, ask 10 - 20 % less then let the money talk. Many of my classmates live in Hollywood and around the Miami Lakes area. I live right next to the school. Make sure if you look in Miami Lakes it is Miami Lakes and not Opa Locka. The only thing nice there is the airport (OPF).

I would work with a realtor to find a place. They know the areas and have access to tons of listings. They can narrow down your search to your criteria. I found a nice place in Aventura. The post earlier about offering 10-20% lower for for rent is spot on. Lanflords are deperate to rent right now. Work it!

I finally found a nice little condo in Miami Beach...yay!:soexcited:

I finally found a nice little condo in Miami Beach...yay!:soexcited:

Nice. I found something close to the school. Only a few weeks to go...

So everybody all set to go :hardy:?

PM me when you get town and I will show you the best places for cheap beer...

Yeah...I display my gun in my windshield...it is legal as long as you are not on a government installation.

I finally found a car:claps:...it was hard to find one without transportation so I had to rent a car for a few days to be able to get to varies cities per day .:shrug: Let me know if you need help or a list of some good places.

One of you guys should PM me to let me know how the new building looks.

I am gone on clerkships for another couple of weeks.

GL to all at orientation :clap:
PS... Listen to Dr. Nelson on getting serious about your study habits. He gives great advice.