Barry MBS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted955816

Hey guys how is this program for pre-DO students. I want to get into osteopathic medical school

Members don't see this ad.

What are your stats so we can see if you would benefit from a Masters program. Typically, if you want to attend MD or DO programs, you want to attend one with linkage with their own medical school to increase chance of acceptance. Some guarantee acceptance? (or at least an interview) if you meet a certain threshold. Best!

My stats are 497 , cgpa 3.25 , sgpa 3.01
I also got into touro masters and lecom masters but it seems too rigorous for me
touro = 3.45
lecom = 3.3 is an interview but many say its also an acceptance the higher ur gpa is

Members don't see this ad :)
@tpercy33 which programs do u recommend the touro masters is curved so im worried about that but i can take summer classes for it starting next week so i can be prepared

i dont have time to take mcat again
@tpercy33 i also applied to PCOM 3.0 501 mcat is guaranteed interview
KCU- 501 and 3.5 interview
midwestern MABS- 504 and 3.0 interview
LMUDCOM- 499 and 3.4 acceptance
rowan - 3.6 and 500 interview
lecom 3.3 and 497
touro - 3.45 but its hard its 42 credits in a year

what the
what do you mean too rigorous? med school is going to be as or more rigorous than any of those masters programs
I would take the LECOM or touro! Don't look back!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
what the
what do you mean too rigorous? med school is going to be as or more rigorous than any of those masters programs
I would take the LECOM or touro! Don't look back!

Agree with this.

SMP programs are often "med school lite". If you can't cut it in an SMP - especially one with linkage - then you can't cut it in medical school. There is a very, very high correlation of SMP performance to medical school performance.

Go hard or go home.

With that being said, Barry has a DPM program. I would imagine they have a solid SMP program as a result, as DPM programs are similar to MD and DO programs.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd go to a program attached to med school

Hi everyone @allantois @Isoval @Hazle thanks for ur input ur right go hard or go home
someone on this thread i put (another thread) said ill fail out of an SMP so i got scared.....

yeah im planning to do either TouroCOM NY Masters or LECOM Erie/Bradenton Masters

Touro guarantees admission
Lecom gurantees interview but basically admission

Any thoughts on these two programs ?

Hi everyone @allantois @Isoval @Hazle thanks for ur input ur right go hard or go home
someone on this thread i put (another thread) said ill fail out of an SMP so i got scared.....

yeah im planning to do either TouroCOM NY Masters or LECOM Erie/Bradenton Masters

Touro guarantees admission
Lecom gurantees interview but basically admission

Any thoughts on these two programs ?

Can’t definitively say without knowing the SMP GPA requirements for the programs, but my answer will probably be Touro. You should usually be aiming for the places with the highest matriculation Into the parent program.

Look into which program you'd want to attend afterwards

The more you gonna ask the more you gonna be confused. Ask your heart what you want to do. You can even go to DPM program with your current stats. With 497 Mcat and your GPA you are set most of DPM.
You already have done lot of research. I would say go to Touro and work hard, you will be fine. And its close to your house too.

Reactions: 1 user
@dial1010usa hey yeah ive looked into DPM, unfortunately im not passionate about podiatry but ill have to shadow a podiatrist and see

@Isoval LECOM Is 3.3 and Touro is 3.45 both have a 50% matriculate rate, touros program is idential to first year med (same exams same material lectures labs) , masters students are graded on a curve tho unlike med -- about 35-40 get in they dont have more seats than that... and the class is like 70 kids

Erie is similar to 1st year but not exactly , grading system is A/B/C no curve, usually everyone gets a seat if they make the gpa but also three of my very close friends (one of which who is now a medical student but failed out of erie...) went and never made the gpa altho the gpa its lower.....

@allantois i would like to attend tourocom after and stay near my family

The more you gonna ask the more you gonna be confused. Ask your heart what you want to do. You can even go to DPM program with your current stats. With 497 Mcat and your GPA you are set most of DPM.
You already have done lot of research. I would say go to Touro and work hard, you will be fine. And its close to your house too.
@dial1010usa hey yeah ive looked into DPM, unfortunately im not passionate about podiatry but ill have to shadow a podiatrist and see

@Isoval LECOM Is 3.3 and Touro is 3.45 both have a 50% matriculate rate, touros program is idential to first year med (same exams same material lectures labs) , masters students are graded on a curve tho unlike med -- about 35-40 get in they dont have more seats than that... and the class is like 70 kids

Erie is similar to 1st year but not exactly , grading system is A/B/C no curve, usually everyone gets a seat if they make the gpa but also three of my very close friends (one of which who is now a medical student but failed out of erie...) went and never made the gpa altho the gpa its lower.....

@allantois i would like to attend tourocom after and stay near my family

Agree with Touro.

The difference between the two programs isn't big enough for me to say the risk of LECOM is better than the guaranteed accept of Touro.

@Isoval thanks for all your help! and also thank you to everyone else who helped me !

i think my final decision is touro:)

@Isoval regarding ur statement about the highest matriculation rate is it better that a school saves seats for everyone meeting the gpa in that case , the dean said if u meet the 3.3 u get an interview and ur eligible for admission into the college of medicine as long as ur professional, dont get below a C in any classes, etc. (which lecom does)

I’m not personally familiar with these programs. I think much of the benefit comes from getting to know the faculty, which unfortunately won’t be as readily possible online. Hopefully that would be offset when classes resume back on campus.

@Isoval i talked to touro admissions and they said i mean 3.45 is guaranteed but we rarely give out more than 35 seats to masters students

im worried but i think touro is so intense only 35 make it

@allantois yeah true if they resume in the spring it could be a good time to get to know faculty